My angels!

My angels!

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Talking, talking, and babbling.

Evangeline is just talking more and more every day. As you know her first real word wasn't exactly what we had hoped for. However, Saturday after she picked up my shoe I swear she said shoe. Which is more like her since she has been fascinated with shoes since she first discovered her feet. She has more pairs of shoes than I do, and even prefers to wear different ones on different days.

She also seems to be saying so much more. I'm not sure if she is or if as a parent I am making more out of babbles than really is there. She says something resembling thanks when you give her something or she gives you something. I'd like to think she's attempting to say, "Thank You!" We have a "You did it!" song we sing when she accomplishes something, and today it sounded like she was singing it.

She does do about 25 signs on her own. Last night it was almost time for dinner when she signed "eat". So I knew she was hungry and hurried up to feed her. She was so proud that I understood her.

This morning daddy was getting ready to take a shower. His shower is a walk in shower, and I was afraid she would slip and fall. So I told her "Don't go in there you can't take a shower unless daddy takes you in there." She stopped and looked at me and yelled, "Don't". Or at least that's what I think she said. It sure sounded like it.

She also says something that sounds like no, night night, hi, and bye. I know she understands almost everything I say. It's amazing how much she picks up. She really is a little sponge. We are starting to attempt to teach her Spanish. I bought her the program Muzzy. She loves to watch it. Also to reinforce what she hears I checked out books from the library in Spanish's and English. If its possible a Spanish speaking cousin is going to visit for the summer, and speak mostly Spanish to her.

I feel as a parent I have to do all that I can do for my child. That includes planning for their future, and doing whatever I can do to help open doors for that future. The bad news is I won't know if it works for about 20 or 30 years. Wish me luck!

No comments: