My angels!

My angels!

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Fun in the sun!

Well Indiana Beach, the theme park we went to on Friday, actually was really fun. Yes, it was hot, and at times Christopher, my 5 month old, looked miserable. I was really worried mostly due to his heath problems. I really tend to baby him, but you would to after your son spent half a month in the hospital. However, he had a lot of fun too. I felt bad because he had to spend most of the day in the stroller. I wasn't taking any chances so until we were shaded from the sun, late midday, I did my best to just keep him totally out of the sun. So when I did take him out and start carrying him around he refused to go back in. He arched his back and twisted his body so much. It was cute. I put him in the front carrier until we left. He was soooo happy!

Evie my 16 month old had a blast. She loved the kiddie rides in kiddie land. She loved the snow cones and ice cream. At the end of the day she had three different outfits on. One shirt was completely blue, snow cone, and the other was brown from ice cream! Half the time she didn't want off the rides. She is really into cars right now. Which is great because most the kiddie rides were cars. She was so cute!

Nap time however wasn't so easy. We had to give her snow cones or ice cream or some other treat just to get her to sit in her stroller at all during the entire day. They had a restaurant, which was slightly expensive, but air conditioned. So we went there and had appetizers that we ate really slow allowing Evie to nap. She fell asleep while we were waiting for a table. I wish she would have slept longer, but her hour nap was a godsend considering the circumstances. Christopher didn't have so much trouble all we had to do for him was drape a blanket over the stroller blocking out some of the sun.

We spent more money than I would have liked. We went a little over board at the games. You know the cheap carnival type games that have crappy prizes that your kid plays with for one day then they collect dust. We got tuns of stuffed animals which are worse because she won't ever play with them and they take up so much space!!!!! I hate them!

All in all it was a great day and we had lots of fun. I am so glad we went. I got some great pics because I know they won't remember!

No comments: