My angels!

My angels!

Saturday, July 12, 2008

She's after my chicken nuggets!

When my daughter first started to scoot around she did a commando low crawl. The first time she did it we were at my mom's house. My mom had bought Mcdonalds. My brother who is 6 was eating his happy meal on the floor 2 feet away from Evie. I asked him to keep an eye on her while I got my food. The house is very open so I could see them from the kitchen, but he feels important when he gets to help out.

I was sorting out who's food was whose when he started yelling, "She's after my chicken nuggets! HELP! NO Evie you can't have my chicken nuggets!" I knew she was to far from him to get them so I went in for a closer look.

Any parent has seen this look on their child's face. The determined look a baby gets when he or she is trying so hard to get something they desperately want. Especially when they can't yet get to it or talk about it. It is a look of pure concentration a bomb could not disturb this look.

She really did want those nuggets, and was trying seriously to get them. There was only one problem although she was using every ounce of her being to get to those nuggets she was moving backwards. Her first scooting was a backwards low crawl in a desperate attempt to snag some chicken nuggets.

At 16 months she still loves those chicken nuggets. Every time we go to McDonalds I get the biggest, happiest, full body smile when I hand her a nugget! Success at last!

No comments: