My angels!

My angels!

Monday, July 7, 2008

Mommies little biter!

My precious angel has a vicious mean streak. She bites, but only me. The other day we went to Indianapolis for a day trip due to my younger sister dancing in the half time show during the Fever game (WNBA). So we all went and afterwards we went out to eat at Jillian's. It's kind of like Chuckie Cheese only for all ages, but more for grown ups than tots. She was being so good at dinner. Until she was done.

Then she signed that she was done, but I told her to wait a minute mommy wasn't done yet. She leaned over put her head against my arm. I mistakenly thought how cute she's cuddling with me. Then ouch! She had bitten me! I actually yelled out because it did hurt. I told her, "NO, that is called biting and it really hurts!" She didn't seem to really pay me any attention. In fact I know she didn't because she proceeded to bite me three more times.

This isn't the first time though. Sometimes she will just pull my hand down to her mouth and bite my finger. This is the first time she's bitten my arm. A couple times while hugging me she has bitten my shoulder, but she hasn't done that in a long time.

For some reason I am the only one she bites. She has bitten daddy only once. Maybe mommies taste better??? I don't know. I am pretty sure she's not teething she has tons of teeth. She even has her molars in. She won't let me look long enough to tell though.

I don't know what to do about it other than what I have been doing. I always respond the same. I tell her that its not OK and it hurts. Then I make a point to not give her any extra attention, and if she continues to do it I ignore her. I don't know any other way to discipline her about it. I don't think biting her back will solve anything. If its not OK for her why is it OK for me?

No comments: