My angels!

My angels!

Friday, July 11, 2008

Poor Sick Baby Girl!

Monday night was unusually pleasant. I got Christopher to bed by his bed time 7:30 and Evie to bed by hers 8. I thought this was to good to be true. I cleaned up a little got on the Internet, and then decided I had better get some sleep. I felt I might be needing it. So at 9:30 I laid down. I tossed and turned because something just didn't feel right. Then it hit. Around 10:30 my daughter sat up in bed vomiting. It was horrible she threw up so much and was gagging on it. I quickly picked her up and held her slightly upside down. I thought gravity might help. I don't know if it did, but she didn't like it. This was the beginning of our week long nightmare.

I immediately called in reinforcements. My husband works nights so I'm all alone with my tiny tots at night. My sister said if she throws up again call and she'll head on over. Well a little over a half hour later I had to call in the troops. I unlocked the door for her, and good thing I did. By the time she got here Evie was wedged between my back and the wall crying(I was sitting up in bed with her next to me), and Christopher was in my lap screaming. I was trying to feed him, but he just kept screaming.

Evie wanted only mommy of coarse so I reluctantly gave Christopher to Ashley, my sister, to take care of. I didn't want to because I knew Evie had an upset tummy, but I didn't know what was wrong with Christopher. I held Evie and she slept, and vomited all night long. At first it was every 15-30 minutes then after 3 am it slowed down to every hour. Christopher finally ate his bottle and went to sleep. My sis crashed on our couch. Chris woke up two more times, but Evie was sleeping to I just took care of him.

Tuesday I rushed them both to the doctor. Evie of coarse had a virus and I could only let it take its coarse. Christopher he thought had Colic. He told me to get gripe water and or gas drops. Also to rub his tummy or gently push his legs toward his abdomen when he fusses.

Besides a little diarrhea from Evie and crankiness from Chris Tuesday was uneventful. So Wednesday morning we let Evie have some milk. Uh, Oh, she vomited. It was a burp followed by all the milk. I thought maybe she just drank it to fast, and let it go. I was wrong Wednesday night the vomiting was back. We were up until 4 am. She was so upset because she was thirsty, but if I let her have even a tiny drink of anything it came right back up. She cried, and I cried. Every time she would vomit it was only dry heaves, and you could tell by the look in her eyes how painful and scary it was. I wanted to help her so much, but all I could do was hold her. Talk about feeling absolutely useless.

Thursday she slept a lot, but besides a few bouts of diarrhea all was quiet. Friday morning she woke up happy, but soaked her diarrhea was so watery it leaked out her diaper. It was horrible and reeked of rotten fish. I cleaned her up and we were on our way to the kitchen for breakfast when she threw up. She was so mad at me because she wanted to eat, but I made her wait an hour. She threw up a couple more times throughout the day, and had diarrhea also. I felt so bad for her you would hear an explosion followed by liquid running, and you just knew.

I started putting A&D ointment on her bum. Today was really rough though because I am exhausted. I invested in some Pepsi to help me through this! Evie is feeling some what better. I never know one minutes she's playing the next she's crying and pulling on my pants. This evening she seemed really happy and playful. Back to her normal self I hope. She's still mad at me she wants to eat more foods, but I am afraid to give them to her. She hasn't had milk since Wednesday. She's been living of Pedialyte, crackers, bananas, and Ramen noodles.

In the mean time this week I have been cleaning and sanitizing the house like a mad women. ALL her toys were washed in a bleach solution. I even wiped down walls anything she could or would touch.

I don't know it we are out of the woods yet, so wish us luch and say a prayer.

No comments: