My angels!

My angels!

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Sabotaged by an angel!

I haven't been posting much lately because my daughter snapped my wireless modem in half. She was sitting at the table watching her fish. We have a small tank on the shelf in the corner of the L shaped bench on our dinning room table. She was being good so I didn't even think about the laptop on the table near her when I took Christopher into the bed room. He needed to be rocked to sleep.

I wasn't out of the room for more than two minutes when I heard "CRACK". I ran into the dinning room thinking "What the heck was that?" When I arrived in the dining room Evie was sitting at the table using wet wipes to wash the table. In hind sight she did look a little guilty when I entered the room. As if her eyes said, "What did I do?" I thought maybe she broke the wet wipe container opening it. I put Christopher in bed and came right back to the dinning room. This time I caught her. She was trying to fix the external wireless modem, the kind that plug into a USB port. She had snapped it off and the plug was still in the USB hub.

I was so mad, but knew it was my own fault. I couldn't get mad at her. I put her in the living room as I told her, "You don't play with mommy's stuff!" She just shook her head "Yes". I thought yeah right this is a conversation we will have many more times over the next 18 or so years. Not to mention the other things I will be replacing after my angels get through with them! Oh, the joys of parenting, but I wouldn't trade them for anything!

No comments: