My angels!

My angels!

Monday, April 27, 2009

Almost perfect day!

Today was almost perfect. I didn't get tons of stuff done, but that doesn't really make a day good or bad. The kids were up at 7:30am, which immediately scared me to death! I did not know how I would make it through the day! We usually start at 8:30 or even 9. I thought I wanted more sleep, but quickly woke up.

The kids played pretty good most of the day. We mostly followed my schedule perfectly. Breakfast at 8, but the kids didn't eat much. So by 10 they wanted a snack! Actually we saw a commercial for Gerber Yogurt melts, and Evie ran to the kitchen asking for a snack. She loves those! However, we didn't have any. I did have crunchies, and that is what they had. They ate about 3 servings each, 14 pieces X 3. Yes, I count them out! I am crazy, but I like to try to keep track of the kids nutrition. I don't do it with every thing.

Christopher took a nap from 11:22 to 1:30. Evie cried when I took her to bed. We laid down and watched Madagascar 2, but she fell asleep fast, and slept until 2:15! Mommy fell asleep to, but I woke up when my sister called we were all supposed to go shopping together. She is the one who just had a baby a month ago. When she went to leave the house her car wouldn't start. I felt so bad, but there was nothing I could do! She lives 20 min away, and I didn't have a car.

Both kids fell asleep before lunch so they ate lunch after they woke up. Christopher ate Gerber pasta pick up. Evie had apple and honey ham (lunch meat). I had to give Christopher some to. The meat I roll up really tight so it is like finger food. They eat it up that way! Any other way they won't touch it!

When daddy came home around 4:30 he was starving so we decided to go out to eat. We bought the kids back packs, but Evie's zipper broke so we took that back and went to a Mexican restaurant to eat. (I gotta take the new back pack back to, bad zipper again! Thanks Walmart! Do you know how hard it is to get the thing off her, let alone exchange it?

We went out to eat. The food was good, but the service not so much. It is just difficult when you have small kids, and servers don't pay attention to small things. Like refills! We saw our server 3 times, and were there for over an hour! I will complain more about this later!

After that the kids had a monthly play group at the library. They sing song, read books, make craft, and have snacks. I will talk more about this later as well. The best thing is that the kids get to play with others the same age or close! I love that! The worst thing is it is at 6:30pm to 7:30. Which means a later bed time. I aim for 8.

Christopher is asleep now, but Evie is playing around since mommy is on the computer! She already takes advantage and tries to get away with stuff. Plus, she is the master of distraction. She can change the subject in a conversation before you even know what hit ya! I'm in for a world of trouble! Well I gotta get her to bed, but I had a good day and am pleased! Tired, but going to bed happy!

4 comments:

Yami said...

Hi. Do we share the same birth date (April 30), because Blog Catalog greeted us and another person today.

Well, I just want to greet you a happy birthday and may your day be filled with everything wonderful and memorable. And may the good Lord grant the desires of your heart! :-)

-Knowles said...

Relish the perfect days, and the not-so-perfect days and all the days in between! But, isn't it great when things just go well and we wonder how it all came together?

Yami said...

Hi. Pls visit my site, i have something for you. It's an award, surprise! :)

Admin said...

May, 27 was a perfect day for me too for this perfect post was available for reading at my favourite blog "Raising Irish Twins" but in the next 6 days i had nothing new to read here.

But it does not create too much problems for me because when there are no new posts i enjoy older ones.

Thanks you so much Evie & Christ for by your interesting daily routine life you have made it easy for your Mommy to create a so interesting and informative blog.
Very nice !