My angels!

My angels!

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Almost gone.

Bottles are almost completely gone from our house. Evie no longer even asks for one. I was patient with her and we got rid of them in a way that was completely painless. So many people told me just to get rid of them and let her cry. "She will get over it" or "It won't scar her for life" they would say. How do they know what effects things we do actually have deep inside their little heads. I want to have loving and trusting relationships with my children for life.

That being said, I don't know if the way I do things are the right ways to meet those goals. I do know that I am trying my best and at the end of the day I don't loose any sleep over my decisions. We got rid of bottles with no crying, screaming, whining, or anything else.

Once I really committed to it things went rather fast. I just kept sending the message to her that for numerous reasons bottles were not the way to go, and sippy cups were. The dentist and the doctor told her that the bottles hurt her teeth, which I reminded her every night I brushed her teeth. We told her that other babies in the world need bottles. When my sister had a baby and she saw him eat out of a bottle that helped to! She gave the baby some bottles and he gave her some toys!

I did not tell her that she is a big kid now, because she would have rejected that idea due to baby brother! She sees him and often wants to be a baby too! I think this is due to the attention kids get when ever they do something for the first time. Christopher is going through a lot of firsts lately.

Now Evie says, "Milk in a cup!" I am happy that she is happy! Thankfully my son just doesn't want bottles anymore. He has one throughout the night, but that is probably laziness on my part. I don't know what else to do when he wakes up at night. Plus, I am to tired to fight with him or even attempt to. I also don't want him to cry and wake everyone else up!

However, I am confident that this will not last much longer. I plan on offering a sippy cup first until he no longer wants a bottle at all! I know this will work because he doesn't get a bottle at all during the day he just does at night. He gets thirsty or hungry and when your laying down a bottle is easiest to take.

3 comments:

-Knowles said...

I added you to my blog roll...hope that's ok!

Admin said...

I have studied this post to know how much efforts a mother does for his children.But most of us forget the hardships of our mother when become independant.

Admin said...

I Wish a happy and meaningful life for your family.

Just forgot to say in the previous comment.