My angels!

My angels!

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Sick kids

I thought Christopher was getting better, but then a horrible cough started. He sounds like an old man. It is really bad. So bad that yesterday he threw up twice. Then last night Evie woke up with a fever and feeling horrible. In fact she felt so bad last night that she cried, "I need go my doctor!" I told her the doctor's office was closed we could go to see grandpa, who thankfully is a doctor. She refused and said, "No I need my doctor!" I told her again his office was closed we would have to go to the hospital. So she said, "I need go hospital!"

I had already given her ibuprofen and once it kicked in she was fine. However, the fever didn't go away I had to alternate ibuprofen and Tylenol every 3 hours all night long. She slept next to me and sure enough every 3 hours I woke up because she was so hot!

She woke up in the morning with a sore throat. She didn't complain, but she didn't sound like her normal self. I gave her medicine, and she insisted she was all better. Probably, because she knew that today was her school orientation day. I did take her not realizing how sick she actually was. It was only an hour, but at the end she sat on my lap and said, "I want go home and sleep!" I knew then she was really sick. We went home and laid down she was out in minutes, and so was Christopher.

Daddy had already called the doctor and made appointments for today. So when they woke up we got ready and went to the doctor. I didn't think it was that bad. Christopher's cough concerned me, but so many people are sick right now I figured he picked up a virus. Daddy was worried because of swine flu. Thankfully it wasn't swine flu.

Evie has strep throat and has to take antibiotics for 10 days. Christopher and I may get it since we were all sharing drinks, even at the doctor's office! I thought we all had the same thing. Christopher has brochiolitis. The doctor said there is wheezing in his lungs. He is apparently more susceptible to it since he had RSV. He has to have 2 different types of nebulizer treatments, one every 6 hours and one twice a day! The first time we had to hold him down, but the second was easier. So I hope it goes better tomorrow. I don't know if I am supposed to continue them when he sleeps or not. I should have asked that at the doctor's office. I will have to call tomorrow and see. For now if he is sleeping I will let him sleep.

I have a sore throat and feel crummy today. If it doesn't go away my doctor gave me an order to get a strep test and see. I plan on waiting because I am to tired to go to the hospital for the test. Plus, I don't think I feel that bad. Just an achy tired body, and scratchy throat. So we shall see.

No comments:


Follow by Email