My angels!

My angels!

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Sick little guy

Christopher is sick. Poor guy has had a fever for 2 days. I'm keeping it down with ibuprofen and tylenol. He's just not happy and doesn't have much of an appetite. He ate a big lunch which made me happy and has been sleeping for 2 1/2 hours. I am hoping the sleep is just what the doctor ordered! He doesn't really have any other symptoms so I don't know whats wrong.

I do know that he only wants momma! I made the mistake of going in to work for my mom today to help get their office caught up on some paper work. They are closed on the weekends.I wasn't gone an hour when daddy called and said "Topher needs you bad momma!" Apparently he had been standing at the door since he realized I left crying! Tears snot and all! As if I didn't feel bad enough leaving! I said I'd finish up and come home. I recieved another call "I don't wanna make you feel bad, but he really needs you. Nothing I've tried is working!" said daddy! "I'm going as fast as I can" I replied!

All in all I was gone an hour and probably 20 minutes. When I got to the door sure enough Topher was standing there crying. His binkie in his mouth, and softie in hand. With in seconds he was sitting on my lap quiet as can be. Then with in a few minutes he was playing as if nothing had happened, as long as I was with in sight! I know he's sick, but I think I got played a little. Otherwise I have some great healing powers. I guess as moms we should never underestimate the power of a hug and kiss!

1 comment:

-Knowles said...

My daughter recently had a fever for 4-5 days but no other symptoms. The doc believed she had a virus and it went away on its own. Hang in there! My girl ONLY wanted mama, too! What a special role we have, even though it can be taxing.