My angels!

My angels!

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

taking time for myself

 I don't make the time for me to do much of anything these days.  In fact when asked what I do or liek to do I usually can't think of anything that doesn't involve the kids! However, I am quickly discovering that you can't live like that very long.  Soon your world falls apart because you become a horrific unrecognizable monster.  Really I scarcely recognize my reflection anymore!

It is true you must take care of yourself before you can take care of your family.  I have neglected myself too long.  I am hating who I have become.  So my goal is to take time for myself.  I love to read and write. Heck these days I just love to breathe!

Easier said than done! 

My goal is to no longer use nap time to clean!  The kids take a rest and so will I.  One way or another, so today I read from a book I check out and rechecked out.  So I've almost had it for 2 months now!  But its a parenting book, of coarse.  Baby steps! Eventually I'll read a book for pure entertainment! 

 I will tell you all about the book once I finish reading it.  I am very interested in it "Simplicity Parenting: Using the extraordinary power of less to raise calmer, happier, and more secure kids"  by Kim John Payne.  I highly recommend it and I'm only on chapter 4. 

I also wanna/ need to start exercising but well take this one step at a time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good Luck! It is hard, but worth it!