My angels!

My angels!

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Homemade pizza!

 Today my home visitor from Dunebrook gave me a mother daughter cook book.  As Evie was flipping thou it I saw a recipe for pizza.  I checked all the ingredients and amazingly we had everything to make our own sausage pizza.  So I thought what the heck lets have some fun.

Well it was fun, and messy!  We all ended up covered with flour.  Topher ate some of the dough, I think that's ok! I don't see why not.  The only bad part was that I didn't read through well enough.  I new we had to let the dough rise, but didn't realize how long!  It needed to rise for 2 hours! 

So all together the pizza took almost 3 hours to make.  The poor kids didn't even get to try some they had to go to bed!  I let them stay up later than usual already, but they had to eat dinner.  So they had soup! Oh, well we all had fun, and my kids love soup anyways! 

The pizza was GOOD!  I am so amazed.  Mostly because I am no Betty Crocker!  It was a little salty probably because I used sea salt rather than salt. Or because I put some garlic salt on the crust.  I was worried it would taste to tomato because I used spaghetti sauce.  I am so proud we will definitely make this again, only with more planning so we can actually eat it at dinner time!  I am actually just happy it was edible!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey, thank you so much for the Mommy LaDy Club follow. I love making pizza too, but I get the dough at Trader Joe's already made for only .99 cents...just too easy and fast!
~Courtney