My angels!

My angels!

Monday, March 28, 2011

Sick Topher

Poor Topher he always gets the worst of everything.  I don't know if it is from being hospitalized at 2 months from RSV, or the throat condition he was born with (Laryngomalacia), or maybe some other condition we don't know about yet.  The pediatrician does think he may have reactive airway disease or possible exercise induced asthma.  I hope not if he is anything like his father he will love being in sports and  I pray nothing takes that away from him. 

Anyways the other day I posted about his cough.  It was so bad last night I called the family doctor and said I was bringing him in what time would be ok!  I was not accepting anything less.  He has an upper respiratory infection and bronchitis.  Poor kid.  The others don't seem as bad so they weren't seen.  I am keeping an eye on them, and giving them allergy medicine.  They seem to be responding well to it. 

 Before bed Tophers nose was so full of stuff I had to suction it out.  He's 3 and cannot blow his nose yet.  I'm not sure if that's normal or not, but I am not worried.  Since he is 3 I had to sit on him to hold him down.  This was not pleasant.  I felt like a monster. 

I don't use a bulb syringe thing for suction.  I bought a battery operated one from Wal-Mart.  It is the best 20.00 investment I have made.  I will buy one for every mom I know who has a baby!  They are awesome, and work so fast.  I tried it on myself.  I was worried cause the kids scream so much.  It doesn't hurt but feels so weird when it pulls snot out of your nose!  Esp if it grabs a lot.  His nose filled half the suction cup.  It was nasty.

Afterwards he was so upset, and mad at me.  I have always encouraged the kids to apologize for hurting each other. Its my attempt to raise adults who take responsibility and are not to proud to say sorry when they have made mistakes.  Anyways after I finished Topher came to me crying and said, "Say you're sorry to me!"  I asked if I had hurt him and he said "yes".  I told him I was sorry for hurting him, but I had to get the buggers out or they would hurt him to.  He didn't buy it, but my apology was sufficient.  He then added amongst tears "I still love you mommy!"

This broke my heart.  I held him till he stopped crying and told him I loved him.  I imagine he told me he still loves me because when they are naughty I always try to make sure they know I love them no matter what. 

No comments: