My angels!

My angels!

Monday, December 29, 2008

The Vomit bug!

Saturday Evie attempting to take a nap when she threw up. She had complained earlier that her belly hurt and before she dosed off she told me her mouth hurt. After wards she was fine and basically her normal self. To be safe I didn't give her milk for 8 hours and slowly allowed her to have food. She was her normal self, so by dinner time I let her eat regular foods. Then later she said her belly hurt again, and then her mouth. Then the vomit hit. She threw up every where.

I had just run down to the laundry room. I forgot clothes in the dryer. I heard Evie coming down the hall. Then I heard a little cough and vomiting noises. I ran with my arms full of towels to the apartment and threw them all down on the couch. Then I went into the hallway to help her. By the time I got to her she had thrown up huge piles on each of our 3 neighbors doormats, and one large pile in the middle of the hall. She was walking towards me then back to the apartment when I passed by. I felt so bad. I didn't give her any milk until the next night. But she woke up the next day basically fine.

Christopher was the next to get the bug. The following night (Sunday night) it hit. He threw up four times in a little over an hour. He hasn't thrown up since this morning, but he now has diarrhea. My main concern is dehydration. He has had only 1 1/2 bottles today, and about 6 oz of pedialyte. Which is way less than what he usually has. He also has only been awake for around 5 hours today. When he is awake he is his normal playful self for a while, but gets tired faster than normal. He just doesn't have the energy.

I hope the bug passes as quickly as it hit. I can't stand seeing the kids suffer. Plus, I always get very scared when Christopher gets sick. After spending time in Pediatric ICU when he was 2 months old, I have become very paranoid and maybe a little over protective.

1 comment:

grinka said...

I hope they are both feeling better soon!