My angels!

My angels!

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Is it time yet?

For the first time in probably 10 years I can not wait for Christmas. My step mom sent presents the first of the month and they have been driving me nuts. Not for me, but for the kids. I can't wait to see them open them. Especially since Evie is older, and once she realizes what they are she will have so much fun. Christopher will copy her and it will be so cute. I am so excited. I can hardly wait! I've been counting down the days since the first.

The only bummer is that with all the expenses of two kids we don't have money to get the rest of the family gifts. We usually buy our parents, brothers, and sisters something. This will be the first year we aren't and it kind of sucks. We are chipping in $50 towards rock band 2 for my little brother and sisters. It is hard when they are so young ages 7, 9, and 11. You really want to get them something. Most of them believe in Santa so it's all the more fun. I would like to get our older brother and sisters something they need, but adults are more expensive.

The tree has been up since after Thanksgiving. The bottom half has slowly lost ornaments. They have been removed from small hands and placed higher up, out of reach. The fear of electric shocks forever haunt my thoughts, due to my son's constant attempts at eating the light bulbs.

We took my daughter to see Santa, at the Bass Pro Shop. She was excited until she sat on Santa's lap then the screams began. The picture was horrible, but I love it anyways. I want to take them both this weekend, and get a pic. I'm sure it will be a smiling Santa and two screaming kids, but if I don't at least get that I will be sad. Evie keeps asking to go see Santa, so maybe she won't cry this time. I'm not getting my hopes up.

All in all I know it will be a great Christmas. I just hope it gets here soon. I don't know how much longer I can keep from giving the kids their presents!

No comments: