My angels!

My angels!

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Speech eval

Monday a group is coming out to evaluate Christopher to make sure he isn't behind on his speech. The doctor thinks he is fine, and is basically doing this to humor me. I was worried at first because I could hardly understand most of what he was saying. However, all of a sudden over the past couple days he has had a language explosion! I'm not kidding. He is saying 2 and 3 word sentences!!! He has some troubles, that are probably normal, but I'm still gonna keep the evaluation appointment. I think the problem is that I compare him with his sister, who is exceptionally vocal beyond her years! It is hard not to compare the two. She was my first and the one who taught me all I know! I think it is better to be safe than sorry. If he does have a problem maybe it can be fixed before he is in school. Kids can be so hard on other kids. If he doesn't have a problem at least we will know. As a parent you can only do your best.

No comments: