My angels!

My angels!

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Abuse

I love my kids so much. That is why when I hear of kids being abused I can't comprehend it. How could someone hurt a small innocent child! I just don't get it. Yeah, they make me mad some times and push your buttons definitely! But to a point that you hit them and seriously injure them, NO WAY!

I have never hit my son and my daughter got spanked twice. Once when Christopher was a baby she hit him and I panicked. I smacked her hand. I instantly felt horrible. Another time she wasn't listening and almost fell down the stairs my dad swatted her but. After these I realized that hitting didn't make sense. Neither my husband nor I plan to ever hit our children.

I watched a video on facebook called "the story" about a 2 year old girl who died when her step father hit her or kicked her in the stomach. My daughter is just over 2 and my son almost 2! How could anyone do such a horrible thing. The video made me cry and all I could do was hug and kiss my kids! As a parent I would gladly suffer any pain so that my kids wouldn't have to. Something is wrong with the world when children get treated like this. If you ever even think someone is being abused speak up!

I would be offended if child services investigated me for abuse, but I wouldn't be angry. They have an important job to do, saving kids whose parents won't save them. Which is very unfortunate. I think it is better to be safe than sorry. So don't be afraid to get involved. If you see something that doesn't sit well speak up. You may save a life!

No comments: