My angels!

My angels!

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Life insurance???? Any answers....

I know we should get life insurance on our kids just because. I try to talk to my husband about it and he says he doesn't want to think about it. I don't even think we have life insurance for ourselves. He takes care of all that. My mom has 50,000 on me still.

I was thinking that we should look into getting some type of policy that would have a cash value when the kids are older. So if they wanted to or maybe had their own policies they could cash in this one for college or a down payment on a house. Are there policies out there that don't cost a fortune, but would yield a large cash value after 20 or 30 years? What is a good company to talk to? I am completely naive when it comes to things like this. That is why I have my husband, but unfortunately even when I approach it from this angle he doesn't want to talk about it. He has a hard time when ever the concept of death is even mentioned. I don't blame him, but you still have to be smart. I say plan for the worst and hope for the best!

No comments: