My angels!

My angels!

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Topher first Occupational therapy appointment

We were having a nightmare of a day, and I thought it was gonna be hell at his appointment.  He proved me wrong.  I was thinking who is this kid.  He was actually really good!  They did put him in a turtle swing in the beginning for maybe 10 or 15 minutes.  He was an angel after that!  I gotta get us one of those!  I have no idea where we would put it, but that might be a worth while investment.  I was amazed at how calm and well behaved he was after that.

They also put him to work with weights on his ankles and wrists.  He had to carry heavy balls around the room, and do various tasks with them.  He loves doing work at home to.  He did really well.  Looking back at the day after his therapy he was relatively good.  He did have a couple instances but those were more due to him being very tired.  He woke up at 4:40 that morning!  He is seriously crazy, who gets up that early!  I'm joking.  I have never been an early bird.  He usually gets up around 7 or 8.

So our first experience I would have to say considering everything was very good.  After a few weeks she will have a home plan for us and hopefully we will see some improvements.

No comments: