My angels!

My angels!

Monday, June 6, 2011

Ally's first birthday!

I wasn't gonna post this until I uploaded the pics, but I realized if I waited to long I would forget stuff.  It has already been 2 days since her birthday, and I am sure I'll forget something.

The day was amazing.  I had to get up at 4am for Evie's cheer competition.  We left around 5.  When we finally arrived home I began cleaning for the party.  I ran to walmart for some supplies.  I made an Elmo cake.  Hubby decorated it, and did an amazing job! Hopefully I will get the pics off my camera and on the computer tomorrow (don't hold your breath, I am the queen of procrastination!).

I had planned on having the party around 3 or 4.  So I didn't plan on dinner or really any food at all!  I just figured we would eat cake open presents and that would be it!  I thought we would all be so tired I didn't want it to be a big deal, but at the same time it's her first birthday.  Well everyone arrived a little late.  So the party didn't start till 5 or 5:30.  Plus, everyone was hungry! I had little food, and most of it was frozen. 

My mom went to the store and got tons of food.  The kids swam in the pool. I was so surprised Evie and Topher were awake and having fun.  They had been up since 4:45am, and going strong all day!  They were so cute in the pool.  Topher was swimming like a big boy (which just means he wasn't screaming or crying that he was scared, the pool is only 32inches high!).  He was so proud of himself.  At one point her said, "I'm having fun mommy!" Which was so cute!

 I let Ally open a present because if was for outside.  A sand and water table. She loved it!  My mom got her a baby that plays peek a boo and a swim suit with built in floaty.  Nana and papa got her clothes, and she got more but I told you I already forgot stuff! 

When my mom got back with the food everyone was starving.  Ally was already in her highchair and a mess so we decided to have cake right away.  She liked her cake, but was totally freaked out by everyone singing her.  You could tell she didn't know whether to laugh or cry.  She loved her cake. Or I assume she did cause she ate a lot of it and made a huge mess.  So bad we decided just to put her into the bath! 

Everyone had tons of fun.  My mom, dad, sisters Abby and Rachael, and brother Isaac didn't leave till around 10!  Ally was so cranky at this point.  She carried her baby up to bed and didn't put it down during diaper change or getting her pjs on!  She cried when I took it away so I let her sleep with it.  All 3 of the kids were asleep within minutes of laying down!  I wish bed time was that easy every night!

No comments: