My angels!

My angels!

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Hair pulling, obsession!

Christopher has a horrible obsession with hair. He pulls hair all the time. The other day Evie came into the kitchen crying hysterically. I couldn't understand a word she said, but then Topher came running in with a hand full of her hair. I knew what was wrong, poor girl that hurts bad! I keep putting him in the pack n play for a couple minutes whenever I catch him pulling hair. I tell him not to do it that pulling hair hurts. I remind him that I love him. I think he might be to young for that, because he doesn't seem to understand he just keeps pulling hair.

He also loves to play with hair. He usually can not fall asleep unless he is playing with my hair. Naps and bed time all the same. He lays on my right side so he can watch tv and play with my hair. He is usually out within a few minutes. He also wakes up many times during the night and plays with my hair to go back to sleep. I have no idea how to stop this behavior, and I will not put him in the crib just to scream himself to sleep. In fact I took down the crib since I can't get him to sleep in it anyways!

Yesterday, we went to Dennis second cousin graduation party. There were so many little kids to play with that Evie and Christopher had a blast. I don't know if it was because of how excited he was, but Christopher must have pulled the hair of every kid at the party. I had no idea what to do, all of a sudden my son is the meanie that no one wants to play with! He made one girl cry over and over.

He also hugs a lot! He would hug kids or I think he was hugging them. Then he would pull them down to the ground and put his head against them to cuddle with them. He'd also laugh, and many times pull their hair. I think he thought he was playing with them, but I don't really know. He took down kids from age 1 to 14! He's a real bully now I guess. I don't know what to do or if I can do anything. However, I would really love the hair pulling to stop!

No comments: