My angels!

My angels!

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Summer fun

It is summer time and the kids are loving life. Almost everyday Christopher wakes up and points outside. He either wants to go outside or just look at all the cars and people. They love going to "play ground" that is what Evie calls any place outside where she can play. The other day she asked, "We go bye, bye!"

I asked, "Do you want to?"

You probably can guess her answer, "Yeah, Yeah! she said.

I asked her, "Where do you want to go?"

She thought about it for a while. Then said, "Ummmm!" As she thought a little harder, with her finger pressed to her lips. Then she smiled and said, "Play ground!" While she did the sign for play ground.

How could I do anything but take them to the play ground after that cute display!

The only bad thing about summer is they play outside A LOT, and therefore they fall A LOT! When I give them their baths at night I wonder if anyone sees the bruises on their legs and thinks they are abused. I am not kidding. They look like connect the dots or something. Tiny bruises all over from their knees to their ankles! I am amazed they can still walk, Ok not that bad, but you get the picture. Especially Christopher he gets bruises everywhere. He scares me to death, because he has no fear, and he never stops! I have no idea where he gets all the energy he just goes all day long!

The flip side of that is when he crashes, or gets tired, it is horrible. He had an awful meltdown at the park today. We were at a picnic for my brother and sister's last day of school. Evie and BoBo loved playing with all the kids. They had a snow cone machine, and I knew it was time to go home and nap. So I told the kids we will have a snow cone and go home. They both got one and we sat down in the shade to eat it. Christopher wouldn't sit, so of coarse he spilled his. He got so mad he dumped the whole thing. Then he was pissed. He screamed and yelled and stomped on it. He really wanted to eat it, but was to tired and mad. I knew the time to go had come and gone. So I grabbed him up and we headed out! He was asleep in the car before I was able to pull out of the parking lot! We still had fun though!

1 comment:

Diana of Diana Rambles said...

Stopping by via MBC to follow!