My angels!

My angels!

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Working Mama!

It's official I am no longer a stay at home mom.  Yep, I'm a working mom.  I worked one day...so far...LMAO  I do plan on working more. I will probably.... most likely... work 3 days this week.  Well I'm only scheduled for one, so we shall see.  Oh, and I'm working for my parents!  WOO HOO...so grown up...Oh well its the only job that will allow me to work on the days my hubby is off! SAVING a fortune in daycare! I don't know how others do it daycare is ridiculous!  I know the saying usually goes you get what you pay for, and when it comes to your kids you probably don't want to go the "oh they were the cheapest one" route!  But still....Anyways my first day was kinda crazy I worked there years ago, but A LOT has changed.  So for the first time ever I was constantly like how do you do this.  It was really nice to be around ADULTS all day thou!  The best part was thou that even without me home the house didn't burn down, and everyone is still alive! AMAZING!  Just kidding I knew my hubby could do it! I was just amazed the house wasn't even that dirty when I got home!  First time ever I was away from the kids for 10 hours! 

3 comments:

Irish Twin Support said...

I know exactly how you feel. When my daughter was 1 I finally went back to work after 2 1/2 years off (This only being last year, but seems like forever ago now). My son and daughter are also 10 1/2 months apart.

I found a great job, where I can take both with me, I'm a school bus driver. It's great, and I make more then I would if my kids were in daycare and I had a full time job. I also get holidays, weekends, and summer off.

So glad you have a job where you get to be around adults all day!!! Enjoy the freedom while you can, I've found it makes me like my kids more!!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds great, I think there are a lot of challenges working outside of the home, but there can be a lot of benefits too - sounds like you are already striking a pretty awesome balance!!!

The Mommy said...

I just found your blog and I am really enjoying it. I have 2 boys twelve months apart. They turned 1 and 2 in June. This past March I decided to go back to work part time for the first time in almost two years. We are still adjusting. The boys hate the days that I have to go to work. It is only 2 days a week but it breaks my heart. The adult time is nice though. And my house is clean on those days! I totally understand where you are coming from. I am looking forward to reading more posts :)