My angels!

My angels!

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Help Please!

I don't know what has happened to people today. It is as if offering to help someone has become a crime. I'm talking about any kind of help from opening the door, driving courteously, and what ever else you can think of. I know that with my two kids there are many times that I look like I need help, because often I do. It is really hard to do simple things like open doors when you are pushing a double stroller. Most times people don't even open doors for me. In fact I have held open doors for a lot of people who don't mind pushing by me and my two kids.

Fitting a double stroller in an elevator is hard to. I once had a lady move in front of me and stand as we waited for the elevator. I think she didn't think we would fit, and wanted to make sure she would get in. We had been waiting for the elevator for a while because we were on the top floor. When the elevator came I finally said, "We will all fit if you let us get in first." That way I could push the stroller up against the wall and not other people. I just can't believe how rude people are.

Due to the fact that my husband works nights I am often left to do the grocery shopping by myself. Or at least I am the only adult. Shopping carts are designed for one kid only. Even some of the newer ones that hold more than one kid are not baby friendly. I carry my youngest in a front carrier and my oldest goes into the cart. It is very hard to maneuver this way. Try bending down to pick up something with 20 lbs strapped to your chest. Yikes! And it is next to impossible to pick up anything heavy like a case of bottled water or pop. Do you think anyone offers to help! No.

I don't know what is wrong with people. You don't have to carry the kids, change their diapers, or buy my groceries, but would it hurt to be polite and hold the door?

No comments: