My angels!

My angels!

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

I'm all done?

My daughter tells me she's all done after she's been in her high chair for a little bit. The problem is she's not all done eating yet. I guess she just doesn't want to sit any longer, but she does this all the time. She will insist that she is done. Most times I can distract her so she stays a little longer. She will continue to eat, but she always tells me she's done. When I give in and let her out she only goes a little while until she tells me she wants something to eat again.

I don't know what to do. Obviously, I can't force her to eat. If she says she is done and I don't let her up the only thing that happens is a melt down. I try to avoid her tantrums if I can. But having two small children makes it difficult to feed her a couple bits every few minutes. Plus, she wakes up at night more often now because she's hungry.

I don't know why she is doing this she just started it the past few days. It is wearing me out. She has also just started insisting on feeding herself. Which drives me crazy. She doesn't eat as much as if I fed her, and the mess is horrible. I know I need to let go so she can learn, but I think this is part of the problem. She only has a small window of time she will sit in her high chair. Therefore I need to make the most of it, and get the food in while she's in it. I think. I really don't know any ideas anyone!!!!

She is so tiny as it is. I am afraid of her losing weight to because of this behavior. She's only 20 lbs.

No comments: